Monday, June 2, 2014

Leaps and Bounds - backdated from early May

All of a sudden, Matt and I have gone from saying, "Oh, the wedding is 6 months away" to "holy crap, we're like 3 months away!". The middle weeks of May brought exciting advances in the wedding planning! Firstly, I picked up my wedding dress. Unfortunately, it's very large, so we'll have to find someone to help take it in and make it fit perfectly. As mentioned previously, I picked out a red dress. While I was hesitant about it looking too "hooker" red, truly it looks awesome. I'm including a sneak peak:


 In addition to picking up my dress, we submitted our invitations to the printer (a whole separate post) and we squared away the bouquets! I had been having a terrible time working with a florist at a local box store, it was very tough to get a hold of her and we hadn't been seeing eye to eye. As many of you know, we're trying to locally source most of our wedding stuff - vendors, materials, etc. On a whim, I stopped by a local home decor store and was very impressed with their huge selection of fake flowers and some of the preliminary designs seen at the store. Matt and I returned and worked with Mary, the florist, and designed bouquets based on the design seen below. The bridesmaids will be carrying red ones based on the bouquet below, while I'll be carrying a white/ivory bouquet.


 In addition to working on flowers, invitations, picking up the dress, we also started to sketch out the design for centerpieces. All I can say is that I'm excited for battery-powered twinkle lights!! It's been a very exciting few weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment